F O R I M M E D I A T E R E L E A S E
For more information, contact: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice Continues to Support Youth Education throughout Local Communities
West Nyack, N.Y. – March 13th, 2017 – On Tuesday, March 7th, Crystal Run Healthcare kicked-off its first Young Physicians Program in West Nyack. The program, founded and led by Dr. Robert S. Walker, provides high school juniors and seniors interested in pursuing a career in the medical field with the opportunity to attend lectures and interactive demonstrations in a variety of medical specialties and settings with Crystal Run providers and staff.
Between March 7th and April 25th, the twenty-three high school juniors and seniors accepted into the program will participate in eight sessions, including the following:
- Introduction to Crystal Run Healthcare, Dr. Robert S. Walker
- Healthy Hearts – Cardiology, Dr. Jonathan Katz
- Healthy Skin – Dermatology, Dr. Charles Kwak
- Emergency Preparedness – Urgent Care, Dr. Noble Jacob
- The Importance of Pre-Screening – Digital Imaging, Stacy Bruno, CT/MR Team Lead
- Good Nutrition – Gastroenterology, Dr. Robert Walker
- The Right Step – Podiatry, Dr. Katherine Ward-Buckley
- Mellow your Mood – Adolescent Medicine, Dr. Michele Calderoni
“At Crystal Run Healthcare, we are committed to transforming and providing quality healthcare in Rockland County. As part of our commitment, we are actively involved in teaching and training the future providers and leaders of healthcare from within our community, which is why we launched the Young Physicians Program. The program provides an opportunity for high school students interested in becoming physicians and health care providers, exposure to our exceptional doctors and leaders who will discuss the current prevention , diagnosis and management of diseases in a variety of medical specialties,” said Dr. Robert S. Walker, Young Physicians Program founder and Crystal Run Healthcare Gastroenterologist.