You are here
Expert Diagnosis and Treatment for Many Neurological Conditions
Welcome to Neurology at Crystal Run. At Crystal Run Healthcare, our neurologists are trained to investigate, diagnose, and treat neurological disorders, which include diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles. They treat a full range of conditions including headaches, back pain, neuropathy (nerve damage that can cause pain, numbness, or burning), carpal tunnel syndrome, stroke, seizures, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, and a variety of other neurological disorders.
To diagnosis a range of neurologic conditions, our neurologists utilize state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and technology, including:
- Computed Axial Tomography (CAT Scans).
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
- Ultrasound of major blood vessels of the head and neck.
- Neurophysiologic studies (measuring electrical functions of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves).
- Electroencephalography (EEG) (to study patterns of electrical activity in the brain).
- Electromyography (EMG)/evoked potentials (to assess the health of muscles and their associated nerves).
- Lumbar punctures (spinal tap) to assess cerebrospinal fluid.
Common therapies used by our team of neurologists include physical therapy, medications, nerve blocks/stimulators, trigger point injections, and BOTOX® for various neuromuscular conditions, including headaches.
Test Your Stroke Knowledge [links to http://stroke.nih.gov/about/quiz.htm]